The day started with my weekly OB appointment, Scheduled for 0830. I thought an early morning appointment would mean not much waiting. Boy was I wrong!! We went in the room at about 0830 and finally saw the Dr. at about 1030!! And for those of you who have been 9 months pregnant waiting that long sitting straight up on the Lovely OB bed with nothing to lean against (not to mention barely clothed) and in that time frame you know u will at least have to pee 2 or 3 time isn't comfortable. But we made it through.
Enough complaining though. So we went into the room with the nurse did the usual check up stuff. As She was weighing me she ask me if I had been having contractions. I said not that I know of. Then we went back to the bed where she would measure my fundal height, I laid back and pulled up my shirt and boy did her eyes get big. She felt of my belly and said have you been feeling any back. I said a little as we were walking in. She said well you were just
finishing up a contraction. Well that has been happening quite frequently this week. She quickly stressed when that starts happening every 5 min GO to Baptist East.
She walked out I told Zach boy do I feel stupid, I don't even know when I am having a contraction. Which I realize when the big ones come I will know. I just assumed they were all like the "big ones" Because when people would ask me if I had had Braxton Hicks and I said not that I know of they would immediately say, oh you will know. Well obviously Not!
Then the Dr came in. I was 3 cm dilated and from what Zach and I gathered from everything he said. He is expecting her to come within the next week. Ex. "If you are still pregnant next week you will see one of my partners in the office." " If you have her tomorrow I will be on call and be there for the delivery but Saturday I will be out of town."
After we left the OB I drove to Alex City for the New Mom appt to interview the pediatrician.
So it was a full/busy day
Yay!!! So excited she is almost here. You are one tough chick- having a contraction and not knowing it.
ReplyDeleteWhop Whop!!!!! Can't wait to meet that sweet little girl.
ReplyDeleteHey. You may not make it to the full moon which is the 18th. Stay close. Love Joyce
ReplyDeleteYay!!!!! I'm so excited!!! Not much longer now and we will get to see her pretty little face!
ReplyDeleteYippy!!! Not much longer now. Please don't be running up and down that road. Sure would hate for you to deliver that baby girl without your followers.
ReplyDeleteTell Zack to fuel up that chopper and come get us all :)
ReplyDeleteI need an update.
ReplyDelete