I know it has been forever and a day since I have posted anything. But it has been a crazy past couple of weeks. I won’t bore/depress you by going on about the events; let’s just say it included the shortest Friday afternoon ever!! Followed by the Longest Saturday, with me thinking if I can just get through today, in the Morning it will be better. Morning light always makes everything better…Right?? Well not in this case, which led into the longest week ever that involved Double ear infections and many emotional break downs. I thought I was tough I told myself before this deployment I can do it I am not the first wife to do this and I defiantly won’t be the last!! Well that first week there was a lot of I don’t think I can do this going through my head. I found this quote on another blog that I follow "to love a soldier by Eleanor Roosevelt
“You gain strength, courage, and confidence by every experience in which you really stop to look fear in the face You are able to say to yourself, I have lived through the horror. I can take the next thing that comes along. YOu must do the thing ou think you cannot do.”
Then she stated you can do this for you were chosen for this.
So I keep on repeating to myself we can do this. God chose my husband to be one of the few heroes in this country and he chose me to be his wife to support him. And I have to believe I can do this so that I can Have the happy strong voice when I talk to him to give him courage and support b/c the last thing that he needs to worry about is how things are going back home. So this next week it has gotten easier If I focus on today I believe I can do it, it is when I look at the big picture and think about tomorrow, And how different things will be, how MaKenna will have changed all the new tricks she learns from day to day that he won’t see, That is when the words” I can’t” begin to creep back up and the sick feeling in my stomach comes back. I know that if I just trust God with each day pretty soon 365 +/- tomorrows will have come and gone, and we will be together!!!
Okay I apologize I guess it was a little depressing post The next one will be better I promise, I don’t like to be all mopy (not real sure how to spell that or if it is even a word but I mean depressing.) Plus I am super blessed in so many ways and have no reason to complain, One of which is having a wonderful husband and marriage so that when he is gone I feel like half of me is missing and I am lost without him. I personally think that is a good problem to have. Don't think it would be a great example of our marriage if I was happy he wasn't here :)
Here are some pictures from the day he left. It still amazes me that this is actually my husband Flying this thing, I mean How hot is that!!! And I am super proud of him!! MaKenna was convinced she could fly with him. She said "My carseat fits perfectly in this seat"
You are so strong Krystal! I can't imagine a whole year without Daniel. It makes me feel guilty for the way I feel sometimes about our 6 months. The picture of the helicopters leaving really did it for me. I know you are so proud of Zach and I can't wait until your little family is back together again!
ReplyDeleteTEARS, TEARS, TEARS!!!!! I can't wait to hear all about the 4 day pass;)
ReplyDeleteYou can do it!!!!!! You are the strongest person I know!! Maybe it will get a little easier each day.
ReplyDeleteKrystal I can't type for the tears but I know the person you are and also the person Zach is and I know it is so hard but if anyone can do it, you can. MaKenna is so precious and beautiful and she is so fortunate to have pareents like you and Zach who love her so much. My thoughts and prayers are with you both. Love you very much. Aunt Joyce
ReplyDeleteI know we are several hundred miles away but I can see your strength and courage as I read this and look at the pictures! You are blessed and you in our prayers. Love, The Bunch
ReplyDeleteYou are in our prayers and we are all encouraged by your strength and courage during this time in your life. Love you!!!
ReplyDeleteMy Sweet Krystal, I have always know you are one of the strongest people I know. You document every move Makenna makes so you can show them to her Daddy. Just remember I am always here if you need me. Love you, MaKenna and Zac. You'll will be at the top of my prayer list until the three of you are together again. Moma Gay
ReplyDelete