Sunday, July 31, 2011

We Ain't as Young as We Used to Be!

On Saturday we went to Braden's Birthday Party. It was a skating party in which I was not planning on skating. When we arrived I was quickly informed that Andrew had selected me to be his skating partner. Might I add I was wearing flip flops!! Luckily they sold socks.
  So it has been well over 10 years since I have roller skated, it takes a minute for your muscles and balance to remember how to do so. I sat down to put on my skates with a crowd of party goers around and by the time I was all lace up and ready to go everyone had disappeared. So I had try to shuffle over to the others without busting my tale.
  Braden gladly held my hand a couple of times around the rink and then he said "its time for you to let go you can do it" So in "1 min" Braden taught me how to skate. He said he was such a great teacher it only took 1 minute.
  It didn't take to long until Bethany and I were showing off our skills I only had 2 crashed I believe, BUt my hips and knees were feeling the effects all night long!!
On Sunday MaKenna caught a little Lake time with Uncle Josh

No comments:

Post a Comment