Thursday, September 1, 2011

Just Call me Mother of the Year!

The Ole Folks always said, "If they don't fall off the Bed by the time they are 1 year old the won't Make it" This is among one of the many reasons why I should be mother of the year, along with walking out the door with my child's food still in the microwave and many others that I dare not mention in case someone from DHR were to be reading this ;)
  Just to make sure MaKenna would "Make it" Mother of the year here allowed her to fall off the bed on the eve of her 6 month birthday. We were in CC and had been busy making rounds to make sure we saw everyone while we were home. I ran in the Door at 10min till 8 b/c we were supposed to video skype with Zach at 8. So I ran in laid MaKenna on my bed got the computer out and turned to plug it in, my leg touching the bed, Then all of a sudden what do I see b/w my legs on the floor, well my little girl of course. The fall was in slow motion but I couldn't catch her. Luckily she fell directly on her bottom. But it scared her and she was screaming crying. I immediately picked her up and was holding her telling her how sorry I was. Then within seconds Nana and Poppa were in the room. She had settled down and then realized she could milk it. And started with her adorable pouty face and then was crying again. This went on for several minutes until she just got tired of it.
  So MaKenna I am sorry I let you fall of the bed but hey at least now you will live.
 Oh and might I mention after all of this we didn't get to video skype with Zach he was held up at work.

No comments:

Post a Comment