Friday, September 10, 2010

We're Pregnant

Sunday Morning June 27, 2010 My alarm went off at 0600 as it always did in order for me to get up and take my Temperature. As I am sure many others have awaken at a certain time every morning for months tried to find the Thermometer under your pillow without moving or talking  " b/c that we give an inaccurate reading of you BBT" Well finally we had perfected it, Zach would set the alarm on his side of the bed, and the thermometer was laying on a chair beside the bed so that all I had to do was stick my arm out and get it. Sounds ridiculous I know but I have had others tell me they are quite sure they have swallowed a few thermometers taking their temp so many time while half asleep.
          Well on this particular morning my temperature had remained elevated for almost a month so I decided to muster up the courage to take a pregnancy test. I say courage b/c I had been putting it off for a couple of days (well about a week) for fear that it would be negative and then the hope that my temperature was elevated b/c I was pregnant would be gone. So I took one and sure enough within seconds two pink lines began to appear. I ran back into the bed room jumped on Zach who was in a DEAD sleep screaming " I think we're pregnant! I am not real sure but I am pretty sure there are two pink lines on that stick" so when he finally figured out what was going on he went into the bathroom to take a look and in shock agreed with me that there were defiantly 2 pink lines!  So in order to be sure at 0600 on Sunday morning, bed heads and all we went to Wal-Mart to buy more Pregnancy test this time the digital ones so there would be no doubt!

1 comment:

  1. Awww! Congratulations! Not sure how long you guys were trying. Mark and I were trying for several months and tried the temperature thing but I was really inconsistent with it...but, when we found out we were pregnant the first time (and a few times after that), I woke Mark from a dead sleep...it was very funny and my wide awake self couldn't figure out why it took him awhile to get what I was saying!

    Can't wait to hear whether it's a boy or girl!

    ReplyDelete